Tuesday, September 19, 2017

9/18/2017 "Connected, but alone"

The TED talk we just watched was called "Connected but not alone." I talking about how technology today is ruining the social life of young students and adults. It discussed how if kids see there parents on there phones during breakfast, then kids are more likely to be just like them. My biggest take away from this is I didn't know that so many people did not socialize when around people, and i didn't know that when awkward, they went straight for the phone. I do believe that were connected but alone because around the area, I see people sitting by themselves and once they feel awkward, they resort to their technology and don't socialize around. I do like living in the digital age because of how easy it is to share things online and if you need to know information, its at your fingertips. I think on average i spend around 7 - 8 hours on my phone, manly listening to music. i have social media but the things like Facebook, Instagram and twitter i don't really use for myself but to look at others post. manly I use Snapchat to connect with others. I would rather have a conversation because it helps understand the person better and understand emotions. I like to listen to music manly but ill look at social media and text my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment